Sunday, May 16, 2010

3 Weeks Old

I put the original emails on a page here (look at the hard to read page titles at the top of this page) so that you can catch up on the original emails if you missed them. (Click here)

Ethan has continued to have a great week! He did very well those first couple of days after Tuesday, so the doctors moved him up to 2 feeds orally, and Katie is able to nurse him for both of those. Of course, that's been a special thing for her and Ethan, and we're excited that he's come this far.

He's also continued to get bigger. This evening, he weighed 3 lbs, 10.8 oz, which is an improvement of almost half a pound over his initial birth-weight! We are truly blessed for Ethan to be doing so well.
As I was looking for which pictures to put up today, I noticed that we didn't take any of Katie and Ethan, because most of the time she was holding him, she was nursing. I'll try to fix that this week, she is of course much better to look at than myself.

He's been very alert, as you can see in some of these pictures. His eyes aren't yet focusing on anything in particular, over the next 2 weeks that ability should develop more. At some point before Ethan joins us at home, he'll be tested for hearing and sight.
One of my favorite things that has developed this week has been Ethan's personality. I know that I can't really tell who God's created him to be yet, but periodically I think I see flashes of "Ethan" in his responses. I wonder if all parents feel this excited just to discover who their son/daughter is?

2 comments:

  1. Ryan and Tiffanie DMay 19, 2010 at 8:08 AM

    I am sooo happy for Katie that she is able to feed him!! I know how special that bond is as a mom. Ethan is a handsome little man and you can see him getting bigger:) as to the personality coming out.. it is amazing when you get to see glimpses of your child's personality. I know for Ryan and I we LOVE seeing Rylei do something that is uniquely her. We continue to keep you guys in prayer and hope that you get to take little Ethan home soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is one of the most exciting things to see your child's personality start to show through. Especially when they are so different from yourself (like me and Olive...) you get to see clearly how God makes us all so unique.

    Happy to read all these wonderful updates!

    ReplyDelete