Thursday, June 10, 2010

Ethan's Trip Home

Here are few pics from Monday night! We're so happy to have Ethan home.

Katie in the elevator on our way up to Ethan's room.


This is Ethan in his car-seat. The hospital will not let babies go home from the NICU before they've passed a 90 minute car-seat trial. They do that to make sure that the baby handles the car-seat well, and the design doesn't cause them to have breathing issues.

We carried Ethan from the room down to the car, then this is another picture of him, in the car this time once we got him situated.

Home! We have Ethan in a bassinet next to the bed for easy access. I think we originally intended easy for us to access him, but Ethan decided that access worked both ways. Monday night he explained to us how much he appreciated that access until about 1:00 am. We've since figured out his schedule a little bit, and now are getting a reasonable amount of sleep.
We're really excited about having him home with us. I don't know how we'd be handling everything if he was still in Winnie Palmer, now that we're in New Smyrna Beach. Thank you all for praying for us, we'll continue to keep you updated!

- Ken

7 comments:

  1. I hope you guys enjoy your new church and have fun being parents. We will miss you- Casey F.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you all. Enjoy the new world of parenthood you live in and embrace the moments. Hopefully we will see you all in less than a year.

    Aunt Randi

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited for you guys! Wish I could have seen him before he left, but best wishes for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy for you guys! Praise God for all the answered prayers, you have recived... I am so Glad I have had an oppertunity to be on this journey with you guys , he is adorable , I am just sad that I did not get some cuddles.... I hope you guys are happy and enjoying your new home, son ,and not commuting .... Grow Ethan Grow.... :}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello guys, I must say seeing Ethan in his car seat this morning at work, has brought a huge smile to my face. He is so cute and so little in that big seat. It brought back so many memories of bring Brad home at 5 lbs. He also was so little in his seat. We miss you guys already, I kept looking for you guys to come on the stage. Hope you have settled somewhat in your new home and I know that having Ethan there is all you need.

    I wish you all the happiness in the world as you begin a new phase in your life with baby Ethan. You must bring Ethan to see us as you can see wveryone is missing that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please write a new blog about Ethan's first month home! We are all still very interested in his progress!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey bro, we miss you so much!

    Best of all things that are good for you, your wife and beautiful son (thank God he got the mothers looks =P)

    1000000000 Hugs my brother abroad ^^

    Dino

    ReplyDelete